This role will be mainly remote but with a hybrid approach of at least a few days per month
at the office in downtown Oakland
Our People Partner and HR Operations Director is an essential leader in our reaching our organizational goals and objectives. They will align our vision and growth strategy and redesign the CEB employee experience post pandemic. This role will work directly with our Executive Director in coaching and supporting our leaders, managers, and employees through varied situations including recruitment, employee relations, team and organizational design, talent development and more. In addition, you and a small team will lead various aspects of People Operations, including improving the employee experience and fostering positive attitudes toward CEB’s goals. The role reports directly to CEB’s Executive Director and will be a key member of their leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, education, or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 10+ years of People function experience including experience with high-growth environments building People processes and structures from ground up.
- 5+ years specifically in a HR BP / People Partner role working directly with leaders at the Director level to support them on organizational and employee issues.
- Demonstrated functional competence across areas of the People function, including organizational design, talent and performance management, employee relations, change management, and strategic workforce planning, HR operations and compliance.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Nimble and responsive to short-term surprises while still driving progress on longer-term initiatives. Pragmatic and solution oriented.
- Empowering and engaging management style; Great sense of humor and ability to laugh at yourself.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust and relationships with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds at all levels. An exceptional communicator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information provided, ability to weigh alternatives, evaluate contradictory evidence, and make good decisions even when all information may not be known.
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment and be able to analyze problems and develop solutions dealing with sensitive and highly confidential issues.
- Passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification.
As a condition of employment, all hires will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-Cov-2. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
How to apply:
You may apply by Clicking here