We are looking for a Legal Research Product Manager to drive the vision, product strategy, and execution for research products that serve the California legal community. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team to execute on a roadmap that is a balanced portfolio of big bets, tactical changes, and core refinements on the legal research product and feature portfolio. You’ll also be responsible for market research, customer interviews, product positioning & messaging, and evangelizing the product throughout the market. You’ll love this job if you are systematic, organized, strategic, and process-driven, with top notch communication skills and an unquenchable curiosity about the legal industry and the needs of California attorneys. Although CEB is located in Oakland, CA, remote working is possible!
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of CEB leadership, product management, engineering (internal & development partners and contractors), marketing, sales, content development and finance to drive the building and iterating on successful products and features from idea through delivery to customers.
- Own the backlog for the products and/or features for which you’re responsible, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Be the voice of the customer: deeply understand the California legal community, especially attorneys, by conducting market research & customer interviews
- Create strategies for how to address identified legal research, content, and workflow problems in innovative ways by understanding what’s valuable, usable and feasible using a lean product development methodology
- Own the ongoing performance of all legal research products and solutions including but not limited to current awareness, primary law, case law citator, secondary sources, and legal know-how
- Ideate new products or product features & functions, and work with development partners to design, test, and manage development of approved products
- Provide Product Management leadership across product development lifecycle
- Business case development including MVP definition and launch within time and budget
- Build product roadmap and own execution. Create product plans that clearly communicate across the company the product vision and roadmap at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Establish goals and key performance indicators. Use analytics to drive roadmap decisions
- Gain buy-in across organization and key stakeholders for product development
- Build training pipeline and create all training materials necessary to communicate legal research strategy and train relevant employees on product operations & major releases
- Own product messaging, positioning, and marketing strategy for your product line
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager and Product Marketing Manager to strategize email and other marketing campaigns aimed at increasing leads, sales, and retention of products
- Use market research & usage analytics to identify ideas for, develop, and draft thought leadership, including articles, white papers, and webinars
- 4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- J.D., J.D./MBA, or prior work experience within the California legal industry preferred
- Minimum 3 years as a product manager in a technology company or equivalent combination of education and experience, or 3 years as a practicing attorney
- Experience owning product and/or feature development from idea to launch on a new or early-stage product
- Proven skills in strategic thinking, planning and execution
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking to deliver innovative recommendations
- Excellent project management skills including the development of technology-based products and services
- Empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- Strong analytical ability, including making data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Good balance of IQ and EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations. An active listener and clear communicator; can lead by influence
How to apply:
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and an optional writing sample to Stephanie Walker: email@example.com. Feel free to contact Stephanie with any questions about the position. You may also apply by clicking here.