This is a Per Diem, Non-Benefitted, Warehouse Position located in Oakland, CA with work hours between 8am-5pm
The position requires on-site presence and is not eligible for telecommuting
Per Diem employees are not required to perform all duties listed
Supervisor will regulate the duties assigned from this function list
Looking to be part of a great team? Come join our warehouse crew! You’ll be working in our fulfillment center; selecting, packing and shipping customer orders. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then come help bring print orders to life.
In this position you can expect to be assembling and preparing CEB products to fulfill orders, receiving products, stocking and maintaining inventory in a print book warehouse environment.
Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) is nonprofit program of the University of California dedicated to the delivery of superior, California-specific legal resources and solutions to the state’s lawyers. Founded in 1947 to help WWII veterans returning home resume the practice of law, CEB, now located in Oakland, supports the University of California’s education and public service mission by providing the finest research, writing, and presentation by the best and brightest lawyers in the state.
- Per Diem
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to interact positively with coworkers and staff in other departments.
- Needs to have basic math knowledge.
- Must have experience operating a forklift and/or order selector.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs and be able to manipulate 100 lbs and more utilizing material handling equipment.
- Must have experience using computers. Including the ability to learn the functioning of the computerized shipping systems.
- Must have attention to detail.
Can be trained:
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification within 6 months of hiring.
- Previous warehouse experience.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
For a complete job description and how to apply for the position Click Here