In this position, you will be responsible for partnering with subject matter experts and conducting legal research and analysis in order to develop engaging legal content in multiple formats. Working in creative Practice Area teams, the Content Attorney will develop ideas and create new content in multiple formats, repurpose existing content for multiple formats, recruit contributors and speakers, participate in social networking and bar association activities, and assist with the development of Marketing copy. Additionally, this position will have the opportunity to focus on one or more specific areas: Publications, Learning, Team Leadership, Reporter Editors-In-Chief, New Content Development, Bar Association Outreach, and Current Awareness/Legal Developments.
- Within Content Teams, develop ideas for new content: print, programs, digital.
- Create proposals for all new ideas including: customer market, time for development, and potential cost.
- As assigned, and in collaboration with Product and Platform department, recruit outside contributors and speakers to create new content.
- Develop and maintain robust outside contributor network.
- Edit materials received from outside contributors and speakers as necessary.
- Use own expertise to create some content in-house.
- Ensures content development follows accepted processes and standards focused around the target audience for optimal product success in the market.
- Develop Learning curriculum and new learning programs for each fiscal year.
- Specialize in Publications, Digital Native Content, and/or Programs and Learning Content
- Ensure all assigned content products have up-to-date legal content.
- Conducts thorough detailed evaluation of content in a variety of formats and in close cooperation with authors, speakers, and subject matter experts. Strives to achieve content that is correct, clear, complete, current, legal, and consistent.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with outside contributors and speakers, including recruiting and developing a fresh and satisfied group of expert contributors who make positive contributions to CEB content.
- Develop and maintain control of the content with all authors and speakers. Manage outside contributors to ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Edit legal content received from authors and speakers, rewriting and reorganizing as necessary. Incorporate legal research to emphasize practice-orientation and accessibility.
- Recruit new authors and speakers as necessary and appropriate.
- J.D. and admitted to State Bar of California or other jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related law practice experience or 2+ years of legal editing experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; demonstrated command of the English language
- Excellent project management skills, including supervision of internal staff and resources and effective management of relations with contributors and co-workers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of current legal practice and the challenges faced by legal practitioners
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and proactive.
- Proficient in standard personal computer applications, such as MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel), Westlaw, Lexis, and cite checking programs. Knowledgeable in social media platforms.
How to apply:
Click here to apply or send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to hiring manager Karen Frasier-Kolligs Karen.Frasier.Kolligs@ceb.ucla.edu. Feel free to contact Karen Frasier-Kolligs with any questions about the position.