We are Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), providing innovative resources and practice-oriented tools that help attorneys better serve their clients. From online legal research and MCLE to forms solutions and print books, CEB strives to make high-quality legal information accessible to everyone, from rural solo practices to large law firms.
Founded in 1947 CEB is one of California’s oldest and most prestigious legal information and continuing legal education providers. CEB publishes judgments of California case law, practical guidance for attorneys and, CLE all in a variety of practice areas and formats e.g. print, online and, in-person.
The Content Attorney is responsible for partnering with subject matter experts and conducting legal research and analysis in order to develop engaging legal content in multiple formats. Working in creative Practice Area teams, the Content Attorney will develop ideas and create new content in multiple formats, repurpose existing content for multiple formats, recruit contributors and speakers, participate in social networking and bar association activities, and assist with the development of Marketing copy. Additionally, this position will have the opportunity to focus on one or more specific areas: Publications, Learning, Team Leadership, Reporter Editors-In-Chief, New Content Development, Bar Association Outreach, and Current Awareness/Legal Developments Response.
This role is fully remote with limited travel requirements for team and company meetings. Pacific time zone is preferred.
- Use legal research, analysis, and writing skills as well as legal experience to create original Practitioner content in a variety of practice areas. This includes drafting How-To Guides, Standard Documents, Charts & Checklists, and Strategy Notes. Content should include practice tips and examples.
- Develop Practitioner workflow frameworks for a variety of practice areas, identifying workflow sections and individual content items.
- Ensure content is up to date.
- Recruit external contributors who are subject matter experts to draft original content and review in-house drafted content.
- Provide meaningful feedback to contributors on content to ensure material in a variety of practice areas is of high quality, original, correct, clear, complete, current, and addresses customer needs.
- Edit, finalize, and publish in-house drafted and external contributor content.
- Ensure publishing deadlines are met for content created in-house and externally drafted content.
- Assist on Practitioner team tasks as needed.
- Assist with other content development as needed.
- Draft original DailyNews articles covering current legal developments.
- Participate in Practice Area Team meetings. Develop ideas for new content: print, programs, digital.
- Engage in tailored collaborative information sharing with other teams, including Product and Sales as needed.
- J.D. and admitted to State Bar of California or other jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related law practice experience or 2+ years of legal editing experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; demonstrated command of the English language
- Excellent project management skills, including supervision of internal staff and resources and effective management of relations with contributors and co-workers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of current legal practice and the challenges faced by legal practitioners
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and proactive.
- Proficient in standard personal computer applications, such as MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel), Westlaw, Lexis, and cite checking programs. Knowledgeable in social media platforms.
How to apply:
Follow the link above and search for REQ # 39306
Salary Range $90,000-105,000.