- Within Content Teams, develop ideas for new content: print, programs, digital.
- Create proposals for all new ideas including: customer market, time for development, and potential cost.
- As assigned, and in collaboration with Product and Platform department, recruit outside contributors and speakers to create new content.
- Develop and maintain robust outside contributor network.
- Edit materials received from outside contributors and speakers as necessary.
- Use own expertise to create some content in-house.
- Ensures content development follows accepted processes and standards focused around the target audience for optimal product success in the market.
- Develop Learning curriculum and new learning programs for each fiscal year.
- Specialize in Publications, Digital Native Content, and/or Programs and Learning Content
- Ensure all assigned content products have up-to-date legal content.
- Conducts thorough detailed evaluation of content in a variety of formats and in close cooperation with authors, speakers, and subject matter experts. Strives to achieve content that is correct, clear, complete, current, legal, and consistent.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with outside contributors and speakers, including recruiting and developing a fresh and satisfied group of expert contributors who make positive contributions to CEB content.
Job Duties (Cont’d):
- Develop and maintain control of the content with all authors and speakers. Manage outside contributors to ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Edit legal content received from authors and speakers, rewriting and reorganizing as necessary. Incorporate legal research to emphasize practice-orientation and accessibility.
- Recruit new authors and speakers as necessary and appropriate.
- J.D. and admitted to State Bar of California or other jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related law practice experience or 2+ years of legal editing experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; demonstrated command of the English language
- Excellent project management skills, including supervision of internal staff and resources and effective management of relations with contributors and co-workers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of current legal practice and the challenges faced by legal practitioners
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and proactive.
- Proficient in standard personal computer applications, such as MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel), Westlaw, Lexis, and cite checking programs. Knowledgeable in social media platforms.
How to apply:
Apply by clicking here, or by sending a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to hiring manager Philip Weverka: email@example.com. Feel free to contact Philip Weverka with any questions about the position.